Cryo-EM in the cloud
The 'cloud' has become an integral part of big data processing across many disciplines. Due to the ever-increasing computational demand of cryo-EM, turning to cloud resources can allow for many users to solve structures as-fast-as-possible without any queueing / wait times.
This website will serve as the central location that will document and update cloud-computing resources available to the cryo-EM community. If you are looking for the 'old' cryo-EM in the cloud website, you can find it here.
We have developed new approaches to help users solve structures as quick and with as little hassle as possible.
- Integration of Amazon Web Services into Relion-2.0 GUI
- Users can manage data locally, but run jobs remotely with just a click of the 'Submit' button
- New command-line tools to start & stop instances on AWS
- Utilize new generation of p2 instances for GPU-based Relion2 refinement without a headache of logging into AWS
- Atomic coordinate refinement with Rosetta
- Submit a single command to launch Rosetta on the cloud
- Command-line free cryo-EM data processing
- COSMIC2 science gateway opens the door to new cryo-EM users
See below (and above) for more details on how to take advantage of these powerful tools.
COSMIC Science Gateway
Take advantage of the NSF-funded Comet supercomputer at the San Diego Supercomputer Center to run Relion jobs for free using NSF-allocated computing resources.